Sunday 21 June 2009

New handset - Nokia E71

After a couple of months of my Nokia 6500 slide crashing during calls and in general use I finally got around to picking up my new handset today.

I'd originally been looking at getting the new Samsung I7500 Android handset but its been delayed again and I couldn't put off my upgrade any longer.

Whenever I make a big purchase or commitment I really enjoy putting in the time to research what I want as it's part of the fun of spending money and getting excited. My housemate Tom has a G1 Android handset and has been very impressed but the unit as a whole was too big for me.

For a long time I was solely a Nokia man but the N series have put me off them somewhat as they are slow and try to do a little too much. After talking to some friends and colleagues everyone I knew with a Nokia E series was very impressed so I decided to go ahead and get an E71 after checking out some reviews and videos online.

Obviously I'm a little behind the times as the E72 is due out in the 3rd quarter of 2009 but I'm really impressed. The standard O/S is fast and has bags full of functionality built in. The qwerty keyboard is a good size and the default browsers pretty quick. I've already chucked a few additional apps on including Opera mini which seems to work ok.

One of my favourite add ons is the new Google latitude add on for Google maps. It allows you to share your GPS location with friends and vice versa where it suits you. Tom and I have been tracking each other over the weekend for kicks and its worked ok. Although Tom was apparently in the middle of the river Exe for some time on Saturday.

I'll put some more info up on the phone as I get to know it better,

soops

No comments:

Post a Comment